Opinel honing stone 10cm
This product is currently sold out.
Sharpen your knives in an easy way. Natural stone from Lombardy.
10 cm long.
OPINEL sharpening tips:
- When using a whetstone for sharpening the blade, the blade must be dry and cleaned of all traces of lubricant.
- Slightly wet the natural stone.
- Sharpen the cutting edge by pressing hard on the stone and going back and forth along the blade (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade). Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating and regular movement.
- Steel burr forms on the opposite side of the blade which prevents it from cutting. This burr must therefore be removed. This is the second stage of the sharpening process.
- Cut the burr with the stone by using a back and forth movement (the stone is at a 20° angle with the blade).Start from the base of the blade moving towards the tip of the blade in an alternating regular movement but with less pressure than the first time.
- Finally, lightly pass the stone on each side of the cutting edge (twice).