Kamasada Nambu Tekki Cast Iron Pan 216
translation missing: en.products.product.sold_out
- more information
Cast iron frypan
dia 210mm x w 325mm x h70mm
Kamasada is an established studio of Nambu Tekki cast iron established in the Meiji era (1868-1912).
Kamasada transform heavyweight black iron into simple and modern design objects while retaining traditional techniques.
Design: Nobuho Miya
Made in Japan
Care and use:
- This is a cast iron pot.
- Suitable for open fire, oven, induction, haolgen. Do not put in Microwave or dishwasher.
- Wash with warm water before first use.
- Season before first use: Apply some salad oil to the pot and put on the heat source until faint smoke arises. This makes and oil coating on the pot's surface and prevents rust.
- Do not leave the food in the pot after cooking, especially the ones with strong acidity or salt.
- Wash with warm water and non abrasive brush and put over low heat until dry. Then apply a little oil before storing in a dry place. Do not sure in high humidity or leave wet to store as it will produce rust.
- Baked coated cast iron - this black surface baked coating can be lost over time with use and the underneath iron will show thorugh in time. But htis is not a fault nor a problem. The underneath iron will be oxidised and its colour will change to reddish brown or black. There is no problem if the product is taken good care of. It is a traditional craft of Japan that can be used for a long time.
All parts of the pot will become hot with cooking and after. Please use oven gloves and exercise caution.