Mr Kitly x Decor Selfwatering Plant Pot 170mm
A classic of the indoor plant world since its launch in 1987. Mr Kitly sought out this planter design and collaborated with the company who makes them to create and launch this Mr Kitly exclusive self-watering plant pot range. An original idea and Mr Kitly collaboration with Décor.
About the pots:
A lightweight planter that helps to take care of your plants - for home, office or anywhere. Clean, modern, and colourific plant pots. This size is perfect for bookshelves and mantles. The pioneering Australian design in self-watering planters.
170mm pot (170mm w x 145mm h - 100mm planting depth)
Plastic (BPA free)
Made in Melbourne
For wholesale stocking enquiries please contact Mr Kitly.
How to use
- Simply plant your plant in as you would into any pot using good quality potting mix.
- Water from above the first time to help the potting mix settle in. Excess water gathers in the waterwell at the bottom.
- The plant begins to wick up the water it needs from the waterwell via the potting mix.
- Once the waterwell at the bottom dries out it's time to begin topping up the water via the waterwell at the bottom.
- Topping up via the waterwell helps the plant get a good airing out between watering.
- Don't be afraid to let the waterwell remain dry for a while as well - especially in cold and wet and dark areas when plants don't need as much water and the potting mix remains wetter longer.
- In hot and dry and sunny areas you may find the waterwell needing topping up more often as the plant is more thirsty.
- Not only is it convenient and looks great, the pot is great way to see how much water is being used and to get to know your plants and their needs!
About the designer:
Richard Carlson has been awarded hundreds of Australian design awards, and his Décor classic BYO Wine Bottle Carrier is a permanent exhibit in the New York Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Richard has been inducted into the Design institute of Australia’s Hall of Fame.